JAMES ISLAND, S.C. (WCBD) — Charleston County Government announces a temporary nighttime detour starting Tuesday, February 6 on Camp Road.
Camp Road will be closed to traffic between Pauline Avenue and Julia Street between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.
Crews are conducting drainage work across Camp Road near Oyster Point Row for the Folly Road at Camp Road Intersection Improvements Project.
Flagmen will direct traffic.
All work is weather permitting.
February 6 – February 8
• Nighttime Detour is scheduled for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. on Camp Road.
• Traffic will be diverted from Camp Road onto Pauline, Chandler, and Julia Streets.
• Camp Road will remain open to local traffic between Julia Street and Oyster Point Row.
• Flagmen will be on site to direct traffic.
• Drivers will have access to businesses and residential properties along Camp Road at all times.
• Drivers traveling through the project’s construction zone are asked to be aware of equipment and crews working in the area at all times.
The Folly Road at Camp Road Intersection Improvements Project on James Island involves improvements to Folly Road from about 1,000 feet south of Camp Road to the intersection with Eugene Gibbs Street and Rivers Point Row, and improvements to Camp Road from West Madison Avenue to Oyster Point Row. Improvements will relieve traffic congestion and localized flooding by adding turn lanes and upsizing drainage pipes. Bike lanes and sidewalks will also be included in the project.