Fire damages home near King Street

Charleston firefighters believe a burning candle led to a fire that damaged a home near King Street on Wednesday night.

Firefighters raced to a duplex on Poinsett Street just before 11 p.m.  When first responders arrived, smoke and flames were visible in one unit of the duplex.

Crews doused the fire quickly.   No injuries were reported.  The Red Cross is assisting the residents of both units in the building, who were displaced by the fire.

According to a news release from the Charleston Fire Department, the burning candle was left unattended.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s