HOLLYWOOD, S.C. (WCBD) — Baptist Hill Middle High School’s varsity football team is in the South Carolina High School League state championship game for the first time in program history, and school leaders are inviting fans throughout Charleston County School District to support the Bobcats in person.
Baptist Hill is the first CCSD football team in 25 years to play in the state finals and will face Lamar at Charlie W. Johnson Stadium (Benedict College) in Columbia, SC on Friday, December 1. Kickoff is scheduled for 8 p.m.
If the Bobcats win, they will be the first CCSD football team to bring home a state title since 1982.
BHMHS Principal Vanessa Brown announced individuals can purchase tickets to the SCHSL A state finals at the following three locations in the area (so that the school can benefit financially):
- Baptist Hill Middle High School, Front Office, 5117 Baptist Hill Road, Hollywood, SC 29449
- 75 Calhoun Street, Secondary Learning Community Office (first floor), Charleston, SC 29401 (Downtown)
- Michael and Company, LLC, 1114 Mazyck Street, Charleston, SC 29407 (West Ashley)
Tickets are $10 per person, and can be purchased at:
- Baptist Hill Middle High School from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, November 29 through Friday, December 1
- 75 Calhoun Street; from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Wednesday, November 29 through Friday, December 1.
- Michael and Company, LLC from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, November 29 and Thursday, November 30, then 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday, December 1.
If you have an SCHSL pass, they can be used for free entry for yourself and one guest; however, you must have picture identification.
The gates for parking open at 3:00 p.m. on the day of the game; parking (cash only) costs $10 for cars, $15 for passenger vans, and $25 for buses. If you are bringing a grill (for tailgating), you need to pay $25 for parking, and an RV requires $50.
Gates to the stadium open to the public at 4 p.m. on the day of the game. Bags will be searched on entry, and electronic noise makers, coolers, food, or drinks will not be will allowed in.
Baptist Hill Middle High School officials are coordinating travel from the school; however, space for school-sponsored transportation is limited, and must be reserved by payment at Baptist Hill Middle High School on a “first come, first serve” basis. Baptist Hill students can ride school buses to the game for $5 (per student), and community members can request transportation via a charter bus for $20 (per person).
Please plan to arrive early at the stadium due to traffic conditions in the Columbia area.
For more information about tickets and travel, please contact Principal Vanessa Brown at (843) 889-2276.