CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCBD) – At approximately 11:30 p.m. on November 23rd, a police officer patrolling the 1200 block of Folly Road noted smoke venting from a structure.
The officer notified the Charleston County Dispatch Center. Charleston and James Island Fire Departments, Charleston County EMS, and Charleston PD were dispatched to the scene.
Upon arrival to the Island Plaza shopping center, they found smoke coming from the Pick Thai restaurant and fire from the kitchen area.
The fire was contained to the kitchen area of the business. The fire damage was limited but did not progress to the adjacent areas of the strip mall.
Investigators determined the fire originated at the stove near a pot that may have been left cooking after the business closed. The circumstances leading up to the event are still under investigation at the this time.