CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCBD) — Lace up those sneakers, grab your water bottle, pin on your racing bib and join more than 40,000 of your closest friends on a mission to #GetOverIt.
The Cooper River Bridge Run is Saturday, April 1, 2016. It is a 10K run and walk that starts at 8 a.m. in Mount Pleasant and ends in downtown Charleston. All runners must be in their designated corral by 7 a.m.
We will air a Special Edition of News 2 Today on Saturday, April 1 from 6 – 9:30 a.m. to cover the race. You can LIVE STREAM News 2 Today HERE.
Before the big race, runners had to attend the Cooper River Bridge Run Expo to get their race packets and pick up their swag bags.
After a two-time win of Dominic Ondoro at the annual Cooper River Bridge Run, there is a new winner. Shadrack Kipchirchir, 28, from Colorado Springs, came in first with an official time of 28:11.94.
Here are some things you need to know…
- Shuttle buses will run to the start of the race from 5 -7 a.m. and return participants from 10 a.m. -1 p.m. after the race.
- Buses to start-line run from 5 -7 a.m.
- Need race bib to board the bus.
- No strollers allowed on buses.
- Return buses will leave from downtown Charleston from 10am-1pm, to return participants to their parking areas.
- Buses will be marked according to the five different parking areas.
- Make sure to board the correct bus.
- Only clear bags will be allowed on shuttles (NO exceptions).
Follow the Conversation on Twitter with #BridgeRun
FOLLOW OUR TEAM: @CMurrayWCBDtv, @BrendanClark, @RobStormTeam2, @JoshMarthers, @
PHOTOS: Cooper River Bridge Run 2017
Send us your Bridge Run pictures for our gallery,
you may see yourself on TV!