Family of 8 displaced following North Charleston fire

NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCBD) — The American Red Cross is assisting a family of eight after their Mott Avenue home was damaged by fire Tuesday morning.

The agency is providing financial assistance for food, clothing, lodging and other essentials, and comfort kits containing personal hygiene items.

North Charleston Fire Department responded to the blaze just before 1 a.m. on March 14, according to Charleston County Consolidated Dispatch.

The Red Cross is reminding people that heating equipment, such as space heaters, is one of the leading causes of home fire deaths. Space heaters need their space, three feet away from anything that can burn, furniture, bedding carpets, rugs, and curtains.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s