- Pre-program music presented by the fourth and fifth graders of Spann Elementary School starting at 6:15 p.m.
- The Summerville High School Brass Ensemble will begin the program at 6:30 p.m. and the Advanced Chorale from Summerville High School will also be performing.
- Town of Summerville Mayor Wiley Johnson will be present to issue the request that the Christmas lights be turned on at approximately 6:45 p.m.
This holiday tradition will continue in Hutchinson Square with a concert from singer-songwriter Eddie Bush. Downtown merchants and restaurants will be open late for holiday shopping and dining. A variety of food trucks will also be available. This event is presented in partnership with Summerville DREAM and the Town of Summerville.
Road Closures and Parking Information
For the safety of personnel and in support of the Annual Christmas Tree Lighting in Hutchinson Square the following road closures will take place on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 in Historic Downtown Summerville.
- Little Main Street will be closed to traffic beginning at 4:00 p.m.
- W. Richardson Avenue between Short Central and 17-A (S. Main Street) will be closed to traffic beginning at 5:00 p.m.
- 17-A (S. Main Street) between Doty Avenue and W. Richardson Avenue will be closed to traffic beginning at 6:00 p.m.
Traffic going to the Parking Garage on Short Central will be permitted to turn onto W. Richardson Avenue from S. Cedar Street or access it through the First Citizens Bank parking lot from W. 2nd Street. All other traffic will be rerouted. All roads will be reopened to traffic at 9:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 6, 2016. Parking on Doty Avenue between Cedar Street and 17-A (S. Main Street) will be reserved for Special Event Handicap Parking.