Georgetown family displaced after home destroyed by fire

Google Earth image of location where fire took place in Georgetown.
Google Earth image of location where fire took place in Georgetown.

GEORGETOWN, S.C. (WCBD) — American Red Cross disaster-trained volunteers assisted a family of three after a fire damaged their Village Road home on Monday, November 21.

The agency is providing financial assistance for food, clothing, lodging and other essentials, and comfort kits containing personal hygiene items.

Georgetown County Fire Department responded to the blaze.

The Red Cross is asking people to take two simple steps that can help save lives: check their existing smoke alarms and practice fire drills at home. Every household should develop a fire escape plan and practice it several times a year and at different times of the day. Install smoke alarms on every level of the home, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas. Test them every month and replace the batteries when needed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s