MOUNT PLEASANT, S.C. (WCBD) — Following the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew, several gym and fitness clubs offering the use of facilities to those who need them.
O2 Fitness Clubs, the Lowcountry’s largest fitness provider, is offering use of its shower and bathroom facilities to any residents who remain without power or water.
O2 Fitness operates 11 facilities in the area:
- Daniel Island, 295 Seven Farms Drive
- Hanahan, 1005 Tanner Ford Boulevard
- Goose Creek, 214 Saint James Avenue
- North Charleston, 8545 Dorchester Road
- Mount Pleasant: Park West, 3301 Stockdale Street
- Mount Pleasant: Johnnie Dodds, 910 Johnnie Dodds Boulevard
- Mount Pleasant: Coleman, G 320 W Coleman Boulevard
- Moncks Corner, 414 Drive In Lane
- Summerville, 829 Orangeburg Road
- West Ashley, 466 Savannah Highway
- West Ashley, 1964 Ashley River Road
“Some of our neighbors are having a tough time in the wake of Hurricane Matthew and we want to let them know we’re there for them, whether they’re club members or not,” said O2 Fitness Clubs Area Director Melissa Griffin.
O2 Fitness plans to extend the offer until power and water service has been fully restored in the area.
Planet Fitness Charleston is welcoming members and non-members alike to use their facility (showers*, locker rooms, etc.) free of charge if they have experienced a loss of power (or do not have running water) due to the recent storm. All non-members using Planet Fitness facilities must show ID and sign into the guest register. *Planet Fitness does not provide towels
- Planet Fitness Charleston operates 3 facilities in the area:
- Planet Fitness – Citadel Mall, 2070 Sam Rittenberg Blvd #776
- Planet Fitness – Mount Pleasant, 601 Belle Station
- Planet Fitness – Northwoods Mall, 2150 Northwoods Blvd Unit C13