CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCBD) — Charleston County Government announces a temporary nighttime detour starting Monday, Sept. 19 for traffic on Camp Road from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
A segment of Camp Road will be closed to traffic from approximately 400 feet east of Folly Road to Bradford Street. Crews will be installing drainage pipes across a 200 foot section of Camp Road in front of the AT&T building for the Folly Road at Camp Road Intersection Improvements Project. All work is weather permitting.
Sept. 19 – Sept. 21
- Nighttime detour on Camp Road is scheduled for Sunday through Tuesday between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Westbound traffic on Camp Road will be directed onto Bradford and Prescott Streets to access Folly Road.
- Northbound traffic on Folly Road will be directed onto Prescott and Bradford Streets to proceed east on Camp Road.
- Flagmen will be on site to control traffic.
- Drivers will have access to businesses and residential properties along Camp Road at all times.
- Drivers traveling through the project’s construction zone are asked to be aware of equipment and crews working in the area at all times.
The Folly Road at Camp Road Intersection Improvements Project on James Island involves improvements to Folly Road from about 1,000 feet south of Camp Road to the intersection with Eugene Gibbs Street and Rivers Point Row, and improvements to Camp Road from West Madison Avenue to Oyster Point Row. Improvements will relieve traffic congestion and localized flooding by adding turn lanes and upsizing drainage pipes. Bike lanes and sidewalks will also be included in the project. Stay update on the Folly Road at Camp Road Intersection Improvements project by visiting FollyatCamp.com.
Visit the County’s official website at http://roads.charlestoncounty.org for public meeting notices and up-to-date news and information about all Charleston County Transportation Sales Tax road projects. Anyone with questions about the project can call Charleston County’s Transportation Development Department at (843) 202-6140.