With just days to go before the start of school, mornings will get busier for families across our area. Ann Robinson from Simply Organized in Greenville stopped by 7 News Daybreak Thursday to show ways to get yourself prepared for the day ahead.
Here are some ideas:
1. Pick out the outfit you plan to wear the night before. Put clothes on a hanger and hang a zippered pencil case from the hanger to hold underwear and socks.
2. Plan outfits for the week and put them in hanging cubbies labeled with each day.
3. Make lunches the night before and leave in the refrigerator
4. Set up breakfast the night before, with bowls, napkins and spoon on the table. Lay out cereal, a basket of fruit and Granola bars and vitamins. For the adults, make sure the coffee pot is set.
5. Give children a checklist to keep them focused on their morning routine
6. A wicker basket is great to store the next days shoes and backpacks in by the front door
7. Handled baskets can hold snacks and drinks for afternoon when kids come home from school.
8. Organize a homework “station” that has everything you need to complete your homework, i.e. Pencils, pens, markers, crayons, rulers, stapler, glue stick, eraser, pencil sharpener, paper clips, white out, scotch tape, scissors, post it notes, etc. This can be tailored for any age level. It can be placed on homework station so children have everything they need to get the job done.