Los Angeles (CNN) —“Saturday Night Live” is losing two of its familiar faces. Taran Killam and Jay Pharoah will not be returning to the long-running sketch series, NBC confirms to CNN. TVLine first reported the news.
“I had sort of had it in my head I would make this upcoming year my last year, but then heard they weren’t going to pick up my contract,” he said in an interview with the publication. “I was never given a reason why, really. I can assume until the cows come home.”
“I set out to be on ‘SNL’ and I got to do that and I did very well,” he said. “And I love and adore and will forever have close ties and tight bonds with the brilliant, smartest, funniest people I’ve ever met in my life. So, I have no gripes at all. I am so, so, so lucky to have been given the time I’ve been given.”