Belgian prosecutor says Paris attacks suspect sent to France

PARIS (AP) – Belgian prosecutors say Salah Abdeslam, a key suspect in the Paris attacks, has been handed over to French authorities

Abdeslam, arrested in Belgium last month after four months on the run, is wanted by the French for his role in the Nov. 13 attacks in the French capital that killed 130 victims.

A statement on Wednesday from the Belgium Federal Prosecutor’s Office said Abdeslam was delivered to French authorities Wednesday morning under a March 19 European arrest warrant.

Frank Berton, a French lawyer says he will defend key Paris attacks suspect Salah Abdeslam and described him as a young man “falling apart” and ready to cooperate.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s