News 2 continues to highlight the charities apart of the 2016 Cooper River Bridge Run. Runners can sponsor a charity in their name such as the Alzheimer’s Association.
The Alzheimer’s Association works on a global, national and local level to enhance care and support for all those affected by Alzheimer’s and other dementias.
- They are professionally staffed 24/7 Helpline (1.800.272.3900) offers information and advice to more than 300,000 callers each year and provides translation services in more than 200 languages.
- They host face-to-face support groups and educational sessions in communities nationwide.
- They connect people across the globe through our online message boards, ALZConnected®. Our online community is ready to answer your questions and give you support.
- They provide caregivers and families with comprehensive online resources and information through our Alzheimer’s and Dementia Caregiver Center, which features sections on early-stage, middle-stage and late-stage caregiving.
- Theyhelp people find clinical studies through our free, easy-to-use matching service Alzheimer’s Association TrialMatch®. TrialMatch connects individuals with Alzheimer’s, caregivers, healthy volunteers and physicians with current studies.
- Alzheimer’s Navigator®, helps those facing the disease to determine their needs and develop an action plan, and our online Community Resource Finder is a comprehensive database of programs and service, housing and care services, and legal experts.