Do you have the latest version of the WCBD News 2 App?
Experience the brand new WCBD News 2 News app just in time for the new year. We’ve completely redesigned our app based on your feedback, and we’re thrilled for you to enjoy it. What has not changed is our commitment to serving you with the best news & weather in the Lowcountry. The Counton2.com news app brings you the latest breaking news, sports, weather and traffic coverage for Charleston and the surrounding areas.
With the new app, you get MORE. Get more news, more weather and more video. It’s everything you love about WCBD News 2 right at your fingertips.
What’s new on the WCBD News App:
- Weather alerts and closings now appear at the top of the home page in a banner
- Once you finish an article, simply swipe to the next story
- Articles will refresh with latest details by swiping left, right, or pulling down
- Easy reading stories, adjust font size in ‘Settings.’
- Live News 2 broadcasts & on-demand replays
- Current News and Storm Team 2 weather featured right on the home screen
- Stay informed of breaking news with push alerts
- View local news videos embedded within stories or at full screen
- Understand how weather will affect you with local forecasts, radar, maps, and video
- Alerts for severe weather and closings/delays appear on the home screen
- See the latest traffic conditions on an interactive map
- Help shape local coverage by submitting photos and news tips through Send It
- Easily share interesting articles via e-mail, SMS, Facebook(R), Twitter(TM), and more
Please review the app and let us know what you think. Simply email our Digital Director using our ‘Contact Us’ page by clicking here.
Stay Informed With ‘Notifications.’
Be sure to “Allow Notifications” to receive timely updates on the biggest breaking news, weather alerts and traffic alerts. If you turned them off, go to your iOS Settings > Notifications > WCBD News and WCBD WX
What’s under “More?”…
All the news, sports and weather you need, including a Traffic Map with live cameras.
Never let the weather catch you by surprise again. The trusted Storm Team 2 Weather experts at News 2 provide the Lowcountry’s most accurate hour-by-hour forecast for the next day and the week ahead. Unlike other weather apps, you’ll get a local forecast that is customized for you.