CHARLESTON, SC- The National Weather Service in Charleston has issued a Flash Flood Watch from 7:00 p.m. Sunday to 7:00 p.m. Monday. Heavy rain along with the potential for coastal flooding may make driving hazardous. Motorists are advised to exercise caution and check the weather before traveling.
- Ashley Ave from Bennett St to Calhoun St
- Bennett St from Rutledge Ave to Ashley Ave
- Bennett St from Gadsden St to Barre St
- Signal Point Rd at Folly Road
- America St from Lee St to Cooper St
- Ashley Ave at Fishburne St
- Ashley Ave from Tradd St to Broad St
- Cherry St from Bee St to Cannon St
- Cool Blow Street at North Nassau St.
Road Closure Map: http://gis.charleston-sc.gov/road-closures
For the latest traffic updates, you can follow News 2’s Drive Time Alert here: https://twitter.com/DriveTimeAlert
The City of Charleston is also allowing residents who have any concerns about their neighborhood streets flooding tonight or tomorrow morning, potentially damaging cars parked on the street to park free in the CITY OWNED Visitor Center and Aquarium parking garages only. The resident can pull a parking card on entering any city garage. Upon leaving, the resident can submit the card and tell the attendant that they were in for high tides and rain in their residential area. This is effective now through eight o’clock on Tuesday morning. Cars must be out by then for the free parking.
The National Weather Service has also issued small craft advisories for coastal waters warning seas could run up to 8 feet off the Outer Banks through midday Wednesday.