GOOSE CREEK, S.C. (AP) — Gov. Nikki Haley is in Goose Creek as part of an effort to help people impacted by historic flooding get assistance.
Haley is spending some time in Goose Creek on Wednesday at the Goose Creek Community Center.
At the Team South Carolina event, organizers say flood victims can find out what resources are available to them as South Carolina recovers from the flooding.
People can sign up for financial assistance, apply for disaster loans and learn about repairing and flood proofing their homes. They can also get information about health care services from the Department of Mental Health and the Department of Health and Human Services.
Free tetanus shots and well water testing kits are also available. Similar events have been held elsewhere across the state.
Read the Full Press Release:
COLUMBIA, S.C. – Governor Nikki Haley will visit Goose Creek on Wednesday, October 28, for the next Team South Carolina flood relief event. Team South Carolina for Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester Counties will be held from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM at the Goose Creek Community Center.
For those impacted by flooding in counties across the state, Team South Carolina events serve as one-stops where residents can find out about resources available to families and businesses as South Carolina recovers. Team South Carolina events bring together representatives from state and federal agencies and non-profit organizations to assist those in need in the wake of statewide flooding.
- At Team South Carolina Day for Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester Counties residents can:
- Register for financial assistance from FEMA
- Apply for disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration
- Learn more about repairing and flood proofing their home from FEMA
- Get information about assistance for farmers with crop losses or damage from the U.S. Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency
- Apply for unemployment benefits from the S.C. Department of Employment and Workforce
- Apply for food and financial assistance from the S.C. Department of Social Services
- Get information about mental health and other healthcare services from the S.C. Department of Mental Health and the S.C. Department of Health and Human Services
- Get help with insurance claims from the S.C. Department of Insurance
- Receive a free kit to test well water from the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control
- Receive a free tetanus shot from the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control
WHO: Gov. Nikki Haley, state and federal officials, and non-profit organizations
WHAT: Team South Carolina for Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester Counties
WHEN: Wednesday, October 28, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
WHERE: Goose Creek Community Center, 519A North Goose Creek Blvd, Goose Creek, SC 29445