CAYCE, SC – With the severe weather threat and possible flooding expected throughout SCE&G’s service territory in the coming days, SCE&G is reminding customers to prepare now for the possibility of severe weather conditions, widespread flooding and possible power outages.
There are several easy ways customers can report power outages:
- TEXT MESSAGING — The easiest way to report your outage and check your outage status is by registering your text-enabled cell phone/mobile device now for Outage Text Messaging. Standard message and data rates apply. Prepare now by registering your mobile phone and SCE&G account number at sceg.com/text.
- MOBILE DEVICES – Customers can use mobile devices to report and check the status of outages at sceg.com
- ONLINE – Report or view current outages on SCE&G’s interactive outage map at sceg.com/outage.
- PHONE – SCE&G’s customer service department is staffed 24/7.
- For non-emergency issues: 1-800-251-7234
- For power outages or to report downed/sparking power lines: 1-888-333-4465
Downed Power Lines
Stay away from downed or sparking power lines. Always assume any downed power line you see is live and stay away.
To report a downed line: 1-888-333-4465
Natural Gas Safety Tips for Flooding
If you believe your home or business may become flooded to the point where water could extinguish pilot lights, you can turn off the appliance at the supply valve, typically located within 6 feet of the appliance. Valves usually turn in one direction and require a one-quarter of a turn to fully close. If any of your appliances, or appliance valves, becomes submerged in water, do not try to relight your pilot. Instead, contact a qualified contractor to inspect before using.
To report gas leaks: 1-800-815-0083
Possible Service Order Delays
Due to the weather conditions and streets that may be impassable due to flooding, there is a possibility of delays in crews working normal SCE&G service orders, such as starting or transferring service. Please be assured that orders will be worked as quickly as possible. More information on SCE&G’s restoration process is available at sceg.com.