(Murrells Inlet, SC) — On Tuesday, September 15, 2015, Agents with the 15th Circuit Drug Enforcement Unit (DEU) and the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office concluded a five (5) month investigation into street level sales of Heroin, Crack and Marijuana, in an area of the Murrells Inlet Community of Georgetown County known as the “Hot Road” by arresting ten (10) individuals for a variety of drug charges.
Agents, acting on Citizen Complaints regarding drug sales and quality of life issues, obtained arrest warrants for nine (9) individuals for Drug Distribution related charges. Agents also obtained a search warrant for 4565 Old Kings Highway in Murrells Inlet.
At the Old Kings Highway search warrant Agents recovered Trafficking level quantities of Crack and Distribution levels of Marijuana along with packaging materials and scales. Agents also seized Heroin, Marijuana, packaging materials and scales in Pawleys Island where they located one of the nine wanted persons. (Two of the original nine are still being sought.)
Agents also seized $1400 in cash and impounded 2 vehicles.
1. William A. Myers, DOB 09/21/1970, 2 counts of Crack distribution
2. Jamie K. Simmons, DOB 12/31/1987, 2 counts of Crack distribution and Possession of
3. Datrone G. Smalls, DOB 09/06/1986, 14 counts of Crack, Heroin and Marijuana
4. James B. Frazier, DOB 08/02/1975, 4 counts Crack Distribution
5. John W. Gary, 12/30/1955, 1 count of Conspiracy to Distribute Crack
6. Dennis M. Smalls, DOB 09/28/1985, 2 counts of Crack Distribution
7. Antonio Smalls, DOB 04/19/1976, 2 counts of Crack distribution
8. Donovan Syndab, DOB 11/25/1995, 2 counts of Marijuana distribution
9. Jalen M. Simmons, DOB 09/08/1995, 2 counts of Heroin distribution and Possession of
10. Kim C. Smalls, DOB 04/10/1975, 2 counts of Crack and Marijuana Distribution
Agents credit the cooperation between Agencies, which is the core basis for the DEU, as one of the primary reasons an operation of this type was able to be conducted. The patience and assistance, of concerned citizens in the area, was also noted. This is especially important since the operation took several months to complete during which time the criminal activities, which were generating the quality of life complaints, continued.
*Agents are still seeking, and have arrest warrants for, Montea D. Myers. Myers, 31 years of age, is described as a black male who is 5’11” in height and weighing 190 pounds. Myers, whose last known address is 4377 Old River Road in Murrells Inlet, may be staying in the Myrtle Beach or Pawleys Island areas. Anyone with information regarding the location of Myers, or who wishes to provide confidential drug related information is encouraged to call 843-461-1331.
The 15th Circuit Drug Enforcement Unit, Georgetown Office, is funded by a SC Department of Public Safety grant. The DEU is comprised of numerous agencies with the 15th Judicial Circuit. Contributing
Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office Georgetown Police Department
Horry County Police Department Horry County Sheriff’s Office
Myrtle Beach Police Department North Myrtle Beach DPS
Conway Police Department Surfside Beach Police Department
Andrews Police Department Coastal Carolina University DPS
15th Judicial Circuit Solicitor’s Office Aynor Police Department
For further information Contact Number: 843-461-1331.