Attorneys of Michael Slager Request Evidence for a 7th Time

Officials with SLED provided the police with the video footage of the shooting and as a result North Charleston Police Officer Michael Slager will be charged with murder.

The attorneys of Michael Slager, the former North Charleston Police Officer accused of murder in the shooting of Walter Scott, are requesting all evidence in the case, for a seventh time.

The Savage Law Firm provided News 2 with a copy of the motion filed on Wednesday, September 2 in the case.

The court document states that the defendant, Michael Slager, is requesting all information and documents that were already previously requested on April 10, May 7, June 19, June 22, July 10, August 3 and August 14, but have not yet been received.

The defense is asking for the following:

  • A copy of the private Facebook message sent by Feidin Santana to a member of Black Lives Matter in North Charleston regarding his initial contact with Walter Scott’s family referenced in the Yahoo ABCNews.com interview of Feidin Santana.
  • Regarding the 2015 Charleston County Grand Jury that met during the week of June 8, 2015, to consider the indictment of Michael Slager, please provide
    a. the name, race, gender and date of birth and their verified qualifications to serve as a member of the Grand Jury
    b. the exact details of selecting and impaneling the Grand Jurors in accordance with relevant law including details of potential Grand Jurors who were excused or rejected and the reason for their rejection
    c. the name(s) of the witness(es) who appeared before the Grand Jury in the presentation of the indictment
    d. verification that all witnesses were administered an oath prior to testifying
    e. the number of days and the number of hours each day the Grand Jury was in session during the week of June 8, 2015
  • Provide the name of the individual who currently has possession of the original video taken by Feidin Santana of the April 4, 2015 incident involving Michael Slager and Walter Scott and make said video available for inspection
  • Provide the name of the individual who currently has possession of the cell phone used by Feidin Santana to take the video of the April 4, 2015 incident involving Michael Slager and Walter Scott and make said video available for inspection
  • Provide a time and location to inspect all audio equipment that was used by Michael Slager on April 4, 2015
  • Provide all documents including but not limited to notes, emails, and memoranda, from the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division memorializing a telephone conversation with the Honorable Todd Rutherford, Esquire, regarding his client, Feidin Santana, and Mr. Santana’s intent to surrender a cell phone video to law enforcement as stated by Mr. Rutherford in media interviews.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s