NEWS RELEASE – Charleston County Government announces nighttime lane closures will begin August 17, 2015. Crews will be working on Ashley Phosphate Road at the I-26 eastbound on-ramp. All work is weather permitting.
The purpose of the project is to create a second lane onto the I-26 eastbound on-ramp when traveling east on Ashley Phosphate. The second eastbound lane onto I-26 is scheduled to be open to traffic the morning of August 19.
August 17 – August 19:
- Nighttime lane closures will occur between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Flagmen will be on site to control traffic.
- All work zones will be marked with construction cones and signs.
- Drivers traveling through the project’s construction zone are asked to be aware of equipment and crews working in the area at all times.
- All work is dependent on the weather.
Visit the official website at http://roads.charlestoncounty.org for public meeting notices and up-to-date news and information about all Charleston County Transportation Sales Tax road projects. Anyone with questions about the project may call Charleston County’s Transportation Development Department at (843) 202-6140.