Celebrate the birth of the nation with 4th of July events throughout the Lowcountry.
Here’s a list News 2 has compiled:
- Craft Brews Cruise. The Carolina Queen. Fireworks over the Charleston Harbor. $30 per person
- Blues and BBQ Harbor Cruise. The Carolina Belle. Fireworks over the Charleston Harbor. $52.95 per person
- Wentworth Mansion’s cupola. $75 per person. Reservations required
- Charleston Riverdogs. Post-game fireworks display over the Ashley River.
- Riverfront Park. Many food trucks present. Begins at 9:10 pm
- 40 Patriots Point Rd. Firework shells shot from a barge in the Cooper River. Begins at sunset
- Mount Pleasant Pier. $10 tickets. Begins at 7:00 pm
- Independence Day Celebration in the Park. J. Marshall Stith Park, Sullivan’s Island. Music begins at 5:00 pm
Isle of Palms
- Fireworks on the beach. Begins at 9:15 pm
- Folly Beach County Park- West end of Island. Begins at 9:30 pm
- Fabulous Fourth in the Creek. Marguerite H. Brown Municipal Center. 6:30-9:30
- 4th of July Street Dance and Fireworks. JULY 3rd!! Regional recreation Complex. 6:00- 10:00 pm
- Red White and Blue on the Green. Gahagan Park. 5:30- 9:30 pm
- Night Heron Park. Begins at 10:00 pm
- The Sanctuary Terrace Lawn. Begins at 9:30 pm
Additionally we have a list of legal and illegal fireworks:
Legal: Sky rockets, roman candles, firecrackers, sparklers, smoke and punk, fountains, missiles, novelties, crackle and strobe, parachutes, wheels and spinners, sky flyers, display shells, aerial items (cakes). You must be 16 years old to purchase any fireworks.
Illegal: Bottle rockets, M-80s and Cherry Bombs.
For additional safety tips during the July 4th holiday check out this release from SC State Fire Marshal