Fire officials say a working smoke alarm saved the lives of two people inside a home on Gaillard Rd. early Tuesday morning.
Firefighters arrived on the scene around 5:45 to find smoke and flames pouring from the trailer.
Moncks Corner Rural Fire Department Fire Chief Scott Lee says, the home is a total loss. He added, that the smoke alarm alerted the man and his girlfriend to the fire that appears to have started in the closet with the water heater.
Lee says, seven dogs were also saved, however one was killed.